On January 28, 2008, the Archdiocese of Milwaukee published information related to the issue of clergy sexual abuse. This information includes:
- Archbishop Dolan's Letter to the Catholic Community
- An Overview of Siegfried Widera, Bruce MacArthur, Franklyn Becker
- A Summary of Franklyn Becker Documents
- Questions and Answers
- How to report sexual abuse
- An update on pending Wisconsin legislation, including Archbishop Dolan's testimony to a Wisconsin State Senate committee
In his letter, our Archbishop writes,
Some of you might ask, "Why are you telling us this; why can’t you just let this be over and move on?" Believe me, part of me would like nothing more, but, I know that the effects of this crisis will never be over. Practically, too, I know that you are better hearing this news from me, all at once.
Not me; I instead ask why these claims weren't resolved ASAP after you arrived here. We're not hearing this bad news "all at once". We're hearing it day after day, month after month, year after year. Must it next be decade after decade?