Monday, February 15, 2010

Blogger Mayday

Blogger has announced that the small percentage of weblogs using its software but not hosted on its Blogspot servers will lose FTP support. The change has now been postponed to May 1, 2010.

Since this blog is hosted elsewhere, I will have to decide whether to switch to other blogging software, move the blog to Blogspot, or discontinue it.

Switching to, say, WordPress involves a conversion that might be supported by my hosting service, but will take some time.

Moving to Blogspot is unappealling for a couple reasons. Cross-reference links will go dead unless changed. There is no support for pdf documents.

There's always the option to end the blogging experiment, though there are a few other things on the website that would lead me to keep the rest of the site up. I don't know how accessible the blog archive would be.

Mulling; meanwhile comments moderated.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:01 PM

    I hope you keep the blog alive.

    Thoughts on the new Archbishop in Milw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like reading your blog.

    And your parish is the same as my Aunt's parish. So that's cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, don't quit!

    ReplyDelete