Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Handy Latin Phrases

From the BBC. Includes potential Catholic weblog names.
Ita erat quando hic adveni. It was that way when I got here.

Re vera, potas bene. Say, you sure are drinking a lot.

Quo signo nata es? What's your sign?

Radix lecti - Couch potato

Cogito ergo doleo. I think, therefore I am depressed.

Abutebaris modo subjunctivo. You've been misusing the subjunctive.

Farrago fatigans! Thuffering thuccotash!

Update: Video meliora, proboque; Deteriora sequor already has a Latin title, but Re vera, potas bene could serve as a caption for its right sidebar photo.

Update 2: TS adds "Don't forget: the more you drink, the better this blog reads." Takes me back to the '90s when the St. Al's Parish Council did its long range plan brainstorming in the rectory so we weren't subject to the ban on beer on parish grounds. In actual comparison tests, no beer was as mind-numbing as the parish long range planning process.

2 comments:

  1. "Aurum in stercore quaero."

    Blogtitle: I'm searching for gold in dung...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm searching for gold in dung..."

    Here's The Making Of video.

    ReplyDelete