Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Bible study groups gaining popularity

Cheri Perkins Mantz reports in our Catholic Herald.
For someone like Janis Parker, parishioner at St. Jerome, Oconomowoc, this is exciting news. For years she had attended non-Catholic Bible studies because she couldn't find Bible study groups in her Catholic churches, and she yearned for that outlet.

"Those of us that end up in non-denominational or Protestant Bible study, we run into walls with it," she said. "I think, for myself, I got really tired of that. I got tired of what I perceived as anti-Catholic sentiments. That's really when I started hosting Bible studies. ..."


Here's a hint of what she means, from page 218 of Catholicism and Christianity by Jimmy Swaggart.
"If I am a Catholic, what must I do?"

Obtain a copy of the Holy Word of God (preferably in the King James Version) to verify for yourself the promises of God.


It happens I already had a King James Version. It's a reprint of the original of 1611 and contains what Rev. Swaggert calls the Apocrypha, the inclusion of which he calls "a work of the evil one himself," page 133.

He apparently means the KJV is the best English translation, if we overlook Satan's editorial contributions to its First Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment