Monday, May 29, 2006

Faithful rider

Lee Bergquist reports in today's Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on Ronald Wallenfang, avid bicyclist, prominent lawyer, and devout Catholic.
The most picturesque trip was in Germany along the Mosel River from Koblenz to Trier. As he followed the undulating Mosel, he passed vineyards, quaint towns and Roman ruins.

"An added bonus for me," he wrote to his chat group, "is that after I got a room in a nice little Gasthaus a few miles from Koblenz, had a bottle of the local white wine together with my pork whatever, and gone to bed, I was soon awakened by a 20-piece band playing marches and other songs on the street in celebration of a local guy's 80th birthday. So I went out and enjoyed that."


Might have been a wine by my distant relatives.

Sounds like he's a busy guy, but I miss his occasional op-ed in our Catholic Herald.

No comments:

Post a Comment