Sunday, August 7, 2005

Never Give In

Karl Keating in his e-letter of August 2, 2005 counsels not to fall into remorse. For example, he says,
I spent twelve years practicing law and was grateful to leave that line of work. It turned out to be something I was not especially suited for, or perhaps it was not suited to me. I ended up entering a line of work I much enjoy, one that I imagine I have some facility at.

That is, Catholic apologetics.


I concede they're distinct fields, but it's not obvious to me that someone ill-suited for law is likely to be well-suited for apologetics.

1 comment:

  1. The two fields seem like kissing cousins to me too. Perhaps it's less the nature of the work itself and more a factor of what you're hauling? i.e. chasing lost souls beats chasing ambulances.

    ReplyDelete